Gorilla Foam Seal Insulating Foam Sealant
Gorilla Foam Seal Insulating Foam Sealant
Gorilla Foam Seal Insulating Foam Sealant is a Multi-Purpose Formula that expands to fill gaps & cracks up to 1 in., does not cause bowing making it great for windows & doors, and can be used in both indoor & outdoor applications. This formula has maximum durability with high flexibility, strong adhesion, and UV resistance* that provides protection for minimal outdoor degradation. Dispensed product is tack free in 8-12 minutes and can be trimmed in 45 minutes. Use to seal out air, moisture, pests, and insects. *Exposure to sunlight causes discoloration. For outdoor use, coat with exterior paint. Not for filling closed cavities or voids. Not for use on or within heat-emitting devices or in areas that require fireproof and/or fire stopping materials.
- SEALS OUT AIR, MOISTURE, PESTS & INSECTS
- REDUCES DRAFTS FOR ENERGY EFFICIENCY
- MAXIMUM DURABILITY: High Density, Flexible, Strong Adhesion & UV Resistant
- UL CLASSIFIED (UL 723)
- SANDABLE & PAINTABLE
- GREAT FOR: Filling Gaps & Cracks; Insulating Windows & Doors; Sealing out Air, Moisture, Pests, & Insects; and Reducing Drafts for Energy Efficiency
- USE ON: Wood, Metal, Glass, Masonry, Plumbing, HVAC, Electrical**, Basements, Crawlspaces, Attics, Ceilings, Skylights, and more!
**Do not use inside electrical outlets or junction boxes. Not for filling closed cavities or voids. Not for use on or within heat-emitting devices or in areas that require fireproof and/or firestopping materials.
1. Always wear eye protection, gloves, and proper work clothing when using foam. Cured foam is difficult to remove from skin, clothing, and other substrates.
2. Prep areas by thoroughly cleaning.
3. Shake can for 60 seconds and immediately attach the straw applicator.
4. Test dispense pressure/foam expansion in an area separate from your project.
5. When applying foam, only fill crevice up to 40% as foam will continue to expand after dispensed.
6. Foam will be tack free in 8-12 minutes, can be cut after 45 minutes, and fully cures in 8 hours.
7. Once cured, trim excess foam. Cured foam can be trimmed, sanded, and painted. Do not leave cured foam in direct sunlight without painting.
Note: Before use store upright in a cool, dry place. After use product may continue to expand out of the straw. Not intended for reuse. Cure time may vary depending on temperature and humidity.
APPLICATION TEMPERATURE – 50° to 77°F (10° to 25°C)
SERVICE TEMPERATURE – -58° to 194°F (-50° to 90°C)
OUTDOOR – Yes. Exposure to sunlight causes discoloration. Do not leave cured foam in direct sunlight without painting.
MOISTURE RESISTANT – Yes
PAINTABLE – Yes
SANDABLE – Yes
STAINABLE – No
CURED COLOR – Gray
TECHNICAL STANDARDS – Meets AAMA 812-19, UL Classified
STORAGE TIPS – Before use store upright in a cool, dry place. After use product may continue to expand out of the straw. Not intended for reuse. Cure time may vary depending on temperature and humidity.
GAP FILLING – Yes. Fills Gaps & Cracks up to 1”
We realize that any DIY project may have a spill and we want to help you with tips and tricks to successfully remove product from fingers and nails.
For bonded skin, please call 1-800-420-7186 to speak to a medical professional.
How do I remove Gorilla Foam Seal from body/skin?
We strongly recommend wearing eye protection, gloves, and proper work clothing while working on any project using Gorilla Foam Seal. If you do get it on your fingers or nails please follow these steps:
1) Try removing uncured product immediately by wiping off with a dry cloth or paper towel.
2) Additionally, acetone (nail polish remover) may be used according to manufacturer’s instructions to remove uncured product on nails.
3) Afterwards wash your hands thoroughly with soap and warm water.
4) Cured product may be difficult to remove and it may take several days to wear off. It is important to keep hands moist using moisturizers until the product is fully removed.
How do I remove Gorilla Foam Seal from my surface?
To clean surface while product is still wet/uncured, wipe immediately with a dry cloth or try using acetone to remove. Make sure to read and follow the manufacturer’s instructions if using acetone. Always wear gloves. Once Gorilla Foam Seal is cured, it is best removed mechanically: Try sanding*, chiseling, scraping or cutting.
*If sanding, wear a dust mask.
What should I do if I think a human or animal has ingested Gorilla Foam Seal?
If swallowed, call a Poison Control Center or doctor immediately. For medical emergencies, call 1-800-420-7186 anytime to reach a member of our product safety team. Additional product safety and first aid information can be found here.
Is Gorilla Foam Seal food safe?
Gorilla Foam Seal is not recommended for direct or indirect food contact and should not be considered food safe.
How should Gorilla Foam Seal be stored?
Gorilla Foam Seal should be stored upright in a cool, dry place. Do not store at temperatures above 120°F. After use, product may continue to expand out of straw.
What surfaces can Gorilla Foam Seal be used on?
Gorilla Foam Seal can be used on wood, metal, glass, masonry, plumbing, HVAC, electrical*, basements, crawlspaces, attics, ceilings, skylights, and more!
*Do not use inside electrical outlets or junction boxes. Not for filling closed cavities or voids. Not for use on or within heat-emitting devices or in areas that require fireproof and/or firestopping materials.
Is Gorilla Foam Seal waterproof?
Gorilla Foam Seal is water-resistant, but it is not waterproof.
Is Gorilla Foam Seal reusable?
Gorilla Foam Seal is intended for single use only. We recommend that you plan all possible applications before starting to dispense. After first use, product may continue to expand out of the straw, making it difficult to restart.
Which direction should you hold the can when dispensing Gorilla Foam Seal?
Gorilla Foam Seal dispenses best when the can is inverted upside down.
How long does Gorilla Foam Seal take to cure?
Gorilla Foam Seal can be cut after 45 minutes and fully cures in 8 hours.
Note: Cure time may vary depending on temperature, humidity and amount of product used.